OCTOBER 2, 2018 - EPISODE BY KITCHEN AMBUSH & CHEF MARK
Bo’s Beef Stroganoff
The Bo Jackson Signature Foods Test Kitchen with Chef Mark just aired Episode 4. This week, Chef Mark used the Bo Jackson Angus Beef Burgers, to make Bo's Beef Stroganoff. A great burger by itself, Chef Mark used this meat to make a homemade family dish we probably all remember as a kid. What did fellow host Vanessa think? Delicious, and fun for all!
Make sure to LIKE/FOLLOW the Kitchen Ambush team at https://Facebook.com/TheKitchenAmbush to be notified when the next Bo Jackson Signature Foods Test Kitchen with Chef Mark goes LIVE. Airing each Tuesday at 1PM EST, Chef Mark will inspire us and re-imagine Bo Jackson's food products. And you can interact! Vanessa will monitor Facebook and ask Chef Mark all your questions in real time! So tune in LIVE! We want to hear from you!
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Bo Jackson’s Signature Foods Angus Burgers
- ½ cup (one stick) salted butter or 5 thick cut slices of bacon
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ Asian pear
- 1 carton baby bella (crimini) mushrooms (16 oz)
- 2 cups beef stock, ideally homemade
- 1 cup sour cream or mascarpone cheese
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 medium to large sweet potatoes
- Crumble and brown the Bo Jackson Angus Patty in a in large skillet. Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, pear, jalapeno to the pan and sauté until transparent. Add the mushrooms and ½ of the butter and sauté 3 to 5 minutes longer. Add salt and pepper.
- Add remaining butter, once melted add flour and stir to coat. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Should look like wet sand.
- Add the beef stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the meat to the sauce and bring back to temp.
- Reduce to low temp.
- Add mascarpone cheese, juice of half the lime, and Worcestershire sauce. Do not boil.
- Fold in parsley and taste. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve over roasted sweet potatoes.