SEPTEMBER 11th - EPISODE BY KITCHEN AMBUSH & CHEF MARK
Bo's Baked Bagel and Lox
The Bo Jackson Signature Foods Test Kitchen with Chef Mark is in full swing. Episode 2 is out and up on social media. Did you see the LIVE episode? This week, Chef Mark used the Bo Jackson Signature Sideliners (the Salmon Sliders), to make a play on Bagel and Lox. Scooping out the middle of an everything bagel, and combining the bread with several ingredients, including the Salmon Sliders from Bo Jackson Signature Foods, the dish was a home run. Featuring a homemade pico, fellow Host Vanessa was eager to try this dish! What an innovative way to use the Bo Jackson Signature Foods line and what a great dish to make with friends and family. Food really does bring people together.
Make sure to LIKE/FOLLOW the Kitchen Ambush team at https://Facebook.com/The KitchenAmbush to be notified when the next Bo Jackson Signature Foods Test Kitchen with Chef Mark goes LIVE. Airing each Tuesday at 1PM EST, Chef Mark will inspire us and re-imagine Bo Jackson's food products. And you can interact! Vanessa will monitor Facebook and ask Chef Mark all your questions in real time! So tune in LIVE! We want to hear from you
Ingredients Per Bagel
- 1 Bo Jackson's Signature Sideliner Salmon Slider - thawed
- 1 egg - beaten with salt and pepper
- 1 thick uncut bagel
- 4 chives - chopped small
- 1 Tbl softened cream cheese
- Homemade pico
- 1 cup English cucumber diced
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 Tbl capers and 1 Tbl Caper brining liquid from jar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
- Cut off the bottom 1/8" off the bagel and core the inside, save the inside and tear into small pieces.
- Beat egg in a bowl with fork. Season with salt and pepper. Add the small bagel pieces to the bowl.
- Fold into the bowl the thawed Bo Jackson's Signature Foods Salmon Sideliner Slider, chives, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each cored bagel with Bo Jackson's Signature Foods Salmon Sideliner Slider mix.
- Place on a baking sheet and into the pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes. Look for a golden brown color on the mix and crispy bagel. Remember to rotate the sheet tray half way through the bake time.
- While bagel is in the oven, combine pico ingredients in a bowl and toss to blend.
- Remove bagel from oven.
- Plate and top with pico.
- Most important step...enjoy with friends and family so make a dozen and invite for brunch!